There is one God who is the Creator of the universe. God has been revealed in the Bible as the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, who are all co-equal as God. God is eternal, all-knowing, and all-powerful. God is also long-suffering, gracious, and merciful. God is beyond our human understanding and is worthy of worship and praise from all of creation.
There is only one God
- Deuteronomy 6:4 - Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one
- Ephesians 4:4-6 - 4There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling; 5one Lord, one faith, one baptism; 6one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
The Godhead is composed of God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit
- Matthew 28:19 - Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
- 2 Corinthians 13:14 - The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all. Amen.
- 1 Peter 1:2 - elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, in sanctification of the Spirit, for obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace to you and peace be multiplied.
God is the Creator
- Genesis 1:1 - In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
- Revelation 14:7 - saying with a loud voice, "Fear God and give glory to Him, for the hour of His judgment has come; and worship Him who made heaven and earth, the sea and springs of water."
- Psalm 19:1 - The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament shows His handiwork.
The world and everything in it belongs to God
- Psalms 24:1 -The earth is the Lord's, and all its fullness, The world and those who dwell therein.
God is eternal
- Psalms 90:2 - Before the mountains were brought forth, Or ever You had formed the earth and the world, Even from everlasting to everlasting, You are God.
- 1 Timothy 1:17 - Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, to God who alone is wise, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen.
God knows everything: from the past, to the present, to the future
- Isaiah 45:21 - Tell and bring forth your case; Yes, let them take counsel together. Who has declared this from ancient time? Who has told it from that time? Have not I, the Lord? And there is no other God besides Me, A just God and a Savior; There is none besides Me.
- Isaiah 46:10 - Declaring the end from the beginning, And from ancient times things that are not yet done, Saying, 'My counsel shall stand, And I will do all My pleasure,'
God is all-powerful
- Daniel 2:20-21 - 20Daniel answered and said: "Blessed be the name of God forever and ever, For wisdom and might are His. 21And He changes the times and the seasons; He removes kings and raises up kings; He gives wisdom to the wise And knowledge to those who have understanding.
God is long-suffering, gracious, merciful
- Exodus 34:6-7 - 6And the Lord passed before him and proclaimed, "The Lord, the Lord God, merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abounding in goodness and truth, 7keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, by no means clearing the guilty, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children and the children's children to the third and the fourth generation."
- Jeremiah 31:3 - The Lord has appeared of old to me, saying: "Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you.
God is love
- 1 John 4:8 - He who does not love does not know God, for God is love.
God promises to be with us and never forsake us
- Isaiah 41:10 - Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.'
- Isaiah 43:1-3 - 1But now, thus says the Lord, who created you, O Jacob, And He who formed you, O Israel: "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by your name; You are Mine. 2When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, Nor shall the flame scorch you. 3For I am the Lord your God, The Holy One of Israel, your Savior; I gave Egypt for your ransom, Ethiopia and Seba in your place.
- Hebrews 13:5 - Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you."
- Matthew 28:20 - teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." Amen.